Welcome!!!

Hello and welcome to my Blog! :) This blog is my outlet, my spot to be ME :) My spot to have fun and comment on daily happenings in my own life, the news and the world in general!

As a warning I am Pro Life, Pro Breastfeeding (covered or not), Pro Attachment Parenting, Pro Baby Wearing, Pro Co-Sleeping... and AGAINST Circumcision (and probably a few other major pro's and con's that I am not thinking of right now LOL:) My posts will likely be full of these types of things! :)

Thanks again for reading! I look forward to suggestions and comments! :) Have fun! I look forward to seeing you come back soon! :)

Monday, April 12, 2010

Children In Prison

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032619/ns/nightly_news/#36440702

So.... what happens at a year old when this child and mother have BONDED and NOW have to be ripped apart? Where does the baby go? Does mom instantly get baby back since they have bonded and she is now released? I am all for children staying with Mother in prison. I think it is a good idea. Baby can get breastmilk (I wonder how many of these infants are nursing?), Baby can stay with Mom, Mom and Baby bond. My concern is what is up after the year is up??? What are the negative effects of ripping this now one year old infant from his mother? Aren't there terrible psychological effects? I am not sure which is worse... holding and caring for my child for a year and falling in love... becoming totally attached and then losing my child.. or not having that time to develop that relationship and the baby being taken at birth... Neither situation is best of course but people do make mistakes.. then what?? We have ALL heard the nuances regarding Children doing the parent's time.. is it best for the kids to spend time with mom or is it worse?



What would happen if the child stayed longer?

How do you feel about YOUR tax dollars funding this program? Is it worthwhile to you or a waste of money?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Thanks for taking the time to read MY blog out of the millions that are out there! :) Please be nice! Trolling or spewing hatred is not tolerated and those comments will simply be deleted. No one but me will ever see them! :) (So please don't bother!). Educated, relevant and respectful discussions are always welcome, encouraged and appreciated! :) Please be kind! :) If you have nothing nice to say... please say nothing at all. Just like I tell my children! :) Thanks again for reading! :)